[talk] I improved CPython's DNS system with your help

Edward Capriolo edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 14:21:14 EST 2016

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 2:13 PM, N.J. Thomas <njt at ayvali.org> wrote:

> * A. Jesse Jiryu Davis <jesse at emptysquare.net> [2016-12-02 16:43:00-0500]:
> > I submitted some patches to CPython that allowed it to call
> > getaddrinfo concurrently on BSD, and now I've written an article about
> > it:
>
> Very nice writeup. A shame that OS X (macOS?) doesn't have a bug
> tracker, or public API docs, or something similar so you don't have to
> pay $$$ and chase random people down to answer your fairly
> straightforward question.
>
> Thomas

Apple is an amazingly closed door place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FoundationDB

"A notice on the FoundationDB web site indicated that the company has
"evolved" its mission and would no longer offer downloads of the software"

The rumor mill says Apple employees have to jump through huge hoops to open
source anything.