[talk] network discovery application

Sujit K M kmsujit at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 06:28:54 EST 2016

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 11:59 PM, George Rosamond
<george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:
> Outside of the obvious choice of nmap, I vaguely remember some open
> source network discovery tools that scanned a network and produced easy
> to read graphical outputs, maybe even with doing OUI look ups to
> identify devices.
>
> The intended audience is less-technical users, in order for them to get
> regular snapshots of a network.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?  Preferably something in ports...

I sort of got confused here. If you need to generate the network
topology you need to take a dump
of the network and then analyse that. If you are asking whether there
is any way to analyse the dump,
http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/122304/how-to-map-a-network-passively-with-wireshark-dumps.