[talk] Streaming tonight

Pat McEvoy mcevoy.pat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 00:16:22 EST 2016

> On Feb 3, 2016, at 10:57 AM, Isaac (.ike) Levy <ike at blackskyresearch.net> wrote:
>
> A quick warning on streaming,
>
>> On Feb 3, 2016, at 10:07 AM, George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 02/03/16 10:04, Pat McEvoy wrote:
>>> Hey folks,
>>> Have webcam, will travel. Tonight's
>>> NYC*BUG: talk shell-fu" Isaac (.ike) Levy will be streamed.
>>>
>>> http://www.nycbug.org/index.cgi?action=streaming
>>
>> Excellent.
>>
>> Thanks Patrick.

> Patrick's volunteer work on video is always awesome!
>
> Yet, if people use this as an excuse not to show up: I don't want the video going out live!
>
> (What fun is a presentation like this with no hecklers present?)
>
> Best,
> .ike

Thank you. While I understand the sentiment; video can never beat the feel of the room. I love meetings with lots of give and take. One of the reasons I like doing the videos is that I feel that people that can not make it down there are missing out. Unfortunately I did not have a way to stop the live feed as the video capture is integrated into the streaming system.

 I think a few of the audience participants need to be pushed to share their expertise! After all, we need talks in 2017! Seriously though, it was a fun meeting. Thank you Ike.