[talk] NYS Right to Repair Bill

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Feb 16 14:53:52 EST 2016

I saw this a little while ago and sent the (autogenerated through that
site) note to my local representative, which is Rich Funke.  He is all
in favor of the bill, which is good to hear, though now I get all
sorts of emails from his organization (annoying).

The old saw about a physical letter or a visit being 10x as effective
as an email probably applies, but it definitely works to send a
message through it.

It's worth following up on, since there's a lot of organizations that
really want to turn our devices into solid-state rented miniature TVs
- and the usage pattern of most people out there supports that.