[talk] new ARM board running FreeBSD

Sujit K M kmsujit at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 05:08:58 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Jim Thompson <jim at netgate.com> wrote:

> I know that talk@ loves ARM boards running BSD.
>
> At Netgate we’ve been playing around with ARM for a while, and we have a new board to tell you about.
>
> uFW (microFirewall) is a lot like a Beaglebone Black, but with two 1Gbps Ethernet interfaces.

Really nice to know. What interest me is that whether you have built a
custom kernel or some patches.
I would love to see the patches you might have applied to HEAD.

> We booted FreeBSD -CURRENT on the board earlier tonight.  Links to a gist of the bootlog and a photo are in:
>         https://twitter.com/gonzopancho/status/737874921435594753

The boot log seems really impressive if its only an custom build only
with no patches, my favourite DHCP seems
to be working.

Another thing I would like to point out is Beagleone is that once I
was using Linux, there is some thing known as
Cyclic test which lets one test the RT Linux Kernel. I don't thing
there is something similar to that or I am ignorant.
But would love to see that in FreeBSD.