[talk] DVD's

fire at firecrow.com fire at firecrow.com
Wed May 18 17:30:59 EDT 2016

On 2016-05-18 4:04 pm, Jesse Callaway wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 9:59 PM, Sujit K M <kmsujit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am facing a tricky situation with my DVD Drive's on my
>> PC/Laptop and also my pluggable DVD Drive. It doesnot
>> Recognize my  DVD's.
>>
>> It there any reason for this? These are latest DVD's one
>> is FreeBSD DVD/Cent OS DVD and Microsoft Windows 7
>> DVD. I have never used ad DVD before. Used only CD's.
>>
>> I cannot share any logs as this is during the installation
>> process. Can share screen shots for FreeBSD.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sujit K  M

> I'm going to guess that the dvd driver isn't loading up. Check the
> hardware compatibility list.
It's a long shot but have you entered into your system setup menu?

for my asus laptop of 6 years, i press F2 as the machine initially comes
up, it's different for each manufacturer. once in the setup menu you
should be able to see weather or not there are options for your drive,
weather your drive has been detected at all, and also what "boot"
options are there at the motherboard level.

~fire
fire at firecrow.com