[talk] DVD's

Sujit K M kmsujit at gmail.com
Thu May 19 10:48:22 EDT 2016

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 6:54 PM, Mark Saad <mark.saad at ymail.com> wrote:

> >> Is this the laptop that had the flaky wireless ? If so its time for a new box .
> >
> > This is a one year old Dell Inspiron 15. I thought this will be  quite sleek.
> >
> >> ---
> >> Mark Saad | mark.saad at ymail.com
>
> Did it come pre-installed with Windows 10 ? Also for FreeBSD did you use the uefi or plain bios version . I'de bet this laptop has  some some new super dooper dell controller goodness  . Also try a stable or head snapshot of FreeBSD and see how it works ? Last try another os like dragonflybsd, openbsd , Linux and see how it works .

Actually It is not a problem with FreeBSD or Linux but with DVD Drive,
installable media. I had installed Centos/Freebsd using CD.
I did try uefi, but was configured initially with plain(legacy drive),
but that doesn't work as it requires pxe setup.
Also it was preinstalled with ubuntu 14.04. I can still install using
CD, just did about a fortnight ago.

> As for DVDs vs cd . To the system dvd drives look and work like cd drives with options to read denser media using a better laser ; sort of the same for blueray too .

I feel it is more a problem with DVD's, I feel it just can't be an
issue with DVD Drive. I have tried multiple DVD-CD-RW drives,
including
an pluggable drive So now it leaves me with identifying an program to
actually read the DVD on my Windows Machine, by the way
on an already installed operating system it doesn't identify the DVD,
be it windows or freebsd or suse. and then try and burn a DVD. or
download a DVD image for FreeBSD and then burn the DVD. I will doing
this over the weekend. Will let you know.