[talk] Trying to recreate a 10.2 machine?

Fongaboo freebsd at fongaboo.com
Sun Apr 23 17:23:24 EDT 2017

Good idea except ZFS-on-root isn't an easy thing to achieve on Amazon EC2.
I had been looking into it, but would involve conjuring up my own AMI,
which is a mission all its own. I was looking to do ZFS originally for
snapshotting, but realized I could easily use the host ECS snapshotting
that AWS offers.

I ended up getting the following advice and it worked well: