[talk] upcoming hackathon proposal: NYC BSD Tor bridges

Thomas Levine _ at thomaslevine.com
Tue Aug 8 13:37:28 EDT 2017

I am unlikely to attend, but I would like to contribute to the effort.

It should be pretty straightforward to set up, no? I install the tor
package and edit the tor configuration file. That said, if you expect
that the hackathon will produce advice on how to configure the bridges,
I will wait until that is ready.

Now that I have settled on using disposible computers to avoid troubles
at airports, I have several small computers that I don't know what to do
with.  I was going to set them up with *BSD systems in hackerspaces so
people could play with them, and it is much more interesting if they are
doing something like this. They don't have good internet access, but the
bridges will at least be useful in the morning when nobody is in the
hackerspaces.