[talk] Supermicro source?

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Tue Dec 26 19:45:51 EST 2017

I can top-post back to myself, right? :)

I have one private reply and I reached out to that vendor.

Also put in a quote request at ixSystems (like 5 hours ago) and no response, that’s a bit disappointing.

Just going off Supermicro’s list of resellers, I narrowed it down to these vendors, curious if anyone has experience with them.  I ruled out places that don’t have some kind of quick quote generator.

https://www.siliconmechanics.com/c1246/rack-server-products.php <https://www.siliconmechanics.com/c1246/rack-server-products.php>
http://www.asacomputers.com/2U-Server.html <http://www.asacomputers.com/2U-Server.html>
http://www.broadberry.com/ <http://www.broadberry.com/>

Dell R530 was interesting, but their lead time is worse than I expected, so they’re at the bottom of the list.  And their rack mounting stuff is about 2” too deep for our weird old cabinet.

Thanks,

Charles