[talk] Suggest meeting topic: role of BSD in response to ransomware

Sujit K M kmsujit at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 10:43:15 EDT 2017

> I don't want to distract from the question James asked, but this statement
> above is incorrect; I typically refain from responding to these, but this is
> just wrong.

This should be joke, stop complaining without facts. We have Cisco and Juniper
where most of the networking routers are based on an FreeBSD Based OS. Most
of web facing httpd servers are using FreeBSD.

> It is because the frameworks allow for it.

The same framework allows you to disable. It is like doing a crash
course in 24 hours
or reading some Dummies book in 10 days. You need to know the OS inside out.
Also On the sites like the one suggested by James, you don't actually
configure an
individual router, they are configured otherwise.