[talk] Personalization

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Wed Jul 26 11:25:18 EDT 2017

On 07/26/2017 05:39, Edward Capriolo wrote:
> here are many techniques to fingerprint.
>
> http://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/telecom/internet/new-online-fingerprinting-technique-works-across-browsers
>
> https://www.google.com/amp/s/arstechnica.com/security/2017/02/now-sites-can-fingerprint-you-online-even-when-you-use-multiple-browsers/%3famp=1
>
> For instance, the cross-browser fingerprinting carries out 20
> carefully selected tasks that use the WebGL standard for rendering 3D
> graphics in browsers <https://get.webgl.org/>. In all, 36 new features
> work independently of a specific browser.
>
> Use webgl to draw shapes. Each pc does it differently, and the result
> can be a feature of your system to fingerprint the browser.

heh interesting.  i wonder how long it takes for this work.  when i
helped run one of the largest independent RTB exchanges our SLA from
time to impression, auction and returning a shitty banner ad was ~150ms
total - i guess it could be cached client side in some sort of
user-storage bucked in the browser but that would seem to defeat the
intent of this.

i think the only safe way to win this game is to not play :)

-p

--
Pete Wright
pete at nomadlogic.org