[talk] Video streaming setup

Sevan Janiyan venture37 at geeklan.co.uk
Fri Jun 30 12:17:57 EDT 2017

Hi Patrick,
Thanks so much for those details, I got in touch with BCS A/V team &
indeed they have a line feed which I can just patch in. Haven't gotten
back to me yet about whether that's going to be available tomorrow or
not though :/

Following the video instructions on the scaleengine site I got both
flash live media encoder & OBS connected to the service. I was then able
to watch the RTMP stream directly on VLC.

I settled on OBS (Open Broadcast Studio) on OS X (video worked with OBS
on FreeBSD but my Line input source is an external firewire soundcard,
I'm happy not to fly the BSD flag on this occassion and avoid wrestling
with things if I do get a line feed from the PA system (1) compile
kernel with firwire support, 2) are firewire soundcards even supported
on FreeBSD??)

My ghetto broadcasting station
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDlHHrBXcAEvCTv.jpg:orig

11" MacBook Air