[talk] a Guardian article

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Fri Mar 31 09:09:00 EDT 2017

Mirimir:
> On 03/30/2017 08:16 PM, Charles Sprickman wrote:

>>> Does anyone have recommendations for a daemon which creates fake traffic?
>>
>> A Tor exit node? :)
>
> Or install Hola VPN, which routes users through other users' uplinks.
> And sells them as a service through Luminati.

I think it depends on what he means by "fake traffic." My first read of
his email was to assume he meant "fake news."... oh these crazy times...

Tor, without acting as an exit, can generate encrypted traffic depending
on usage and configuration.

Or you could just run a background script pulling/pushing traffic over
ftp/curl/fetch/wget from a $hosts list...

It really depends on what exactly the purpose of generating fake traffic is.