[talk] Fwd: 2017-03-25-netbsd-hpcmips.img

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Fri Mar 31 15:53:00 EDT 2017

Sevan Janiyan:

> On 31/03/2017 16:22, Robert Menes wrote:
>> I've wanted to make 2 partitions on a CF card (one FAT16 for WinCE and
>> one I will dd
>> the new hpcmips image to), but am not certain if this will work. Will
>> test with latest
>>  kernel and hpcboot.
>
> I think Jun's image has everything you need. Just dd the image (it
> contains 2 partitions already).

Yes... Jun made this as idiot-proof as possible.  Real straight-forward.

Images like this are a good entry-drug IMHO.  With FreeBSD's crochet
which was originally a script for BeagleBone image create, it was
amazingly fun to toy with and tweak images. But with FreeBSD now
generating various arm images, it probably increased the user-base
enormously.