[talk] Used parts outlet?

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Sun Nov 19 19:48:27 EST 2017

> On Nov 19, 2017, at 8:46 AM, Beeblebrox <zaphod at berentweb.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Sujit.
> Amazon had higher prices than ebay for case, but shipment cost might cancel the savings I thought. I thus decided to narrow the radius and just imagined there might be a second hand PC store somewhere.

If there is an “e-waste” drop-off spot where you live, I highly recommend looking there.

In my town, there is always a gigantic pile of electronics stuff, dead PCs included.  I’ve dumped quite a few there myself.  It’s very hard not taking things back with me - receivers that probably just have blown fuses, so many misc. computer bits, and a staggering array of flat screen TVs (last time I counted at least 30, and this is a relatively small town).

The rules may prohibit poking around or removing stuff, but it never hurts to ask…

Charles