[talk] NYC*BUG December meeting: OpenBSD porting workshop?

Brian Callahan bcallah at devio.us
Fri Oct 13 11:33:45 EDT 2017

Hi everyone --

A couple years back, I ran an OpenBSD porting workshop as a NYC*BUG
meeting. I'd like to run another workshop. It looks like it would be
December 6.

All you'd need is yourself and a laptop with OpenBSD -current (from when
we get close to the workshop). Maybe I'll set up a virtualbox image with
stuff already set up for people who prefer to go that route and if
there's a clamoring for that.

You can either come with software you want to port, or I'll have some
pieces of software that I think would make good first porting attempts.
You can also take on and update your favorite unmaintained port. For a
long list of unmaintained ports that could use updating, see: