[talk] Wed Nov 01: Social meeting at Suspenders

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Sun Oct 29 15:06:00 EDT 2017

James E Keenan:
> Since it appears that we do not have a technical meeting scheduled for
> the first Wednesday in November, let's have an unsanctioned, strictly
> unofficial social meeting at our usual haunt.

Objection!

;)

Sure... cool.  Good.  Yes, everyone should go if they can.  I'll even
add to an announce@

> Suspenders
> 108 Greenwich St
> north of Rector St (trains 1, R, W)
>
> around 6:30 pm on Wednesday November 1 for food and beverage.
>
> No need to RSVP, but if you like ping me off list or on freenode #nycbug.

This type of initiative should be the norm, not the exception.

> Beer will be purchased for anyone who can diagnose a situation where a
> configuration program I use fails on FreeBSD when BSD make is used but
> succeeds where GNU make is.

Post it!

On a related note, we have a bunch of speakers and topics, but our next
room reservation is for January.

admin@ needs to be a bit more proactive is sorting out room reservations
early (hint, hint)