[talk] FreeBSD drm-next now available on 11-STABLE

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Thu Feb 22 19:51:51 EST 2018

On 2/22/18 4:41 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 07:38:03PM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 03:34:44PM -0800, Pete Wright wrote:
>>> oh really?  i was able to build it locally on my 11-STABLE system on
>>> monday.  i had to pull a checkout to ensure that "uname -U" is 1101510
>>> or higher.
>> That may be it. I just tried after a fresh install without updating.
> Meh, I see what happened. I've been mentally confusing STABLE and RELEASE.
> From a series of posts on the forums, it seems it's in STABLE, but not in
> RELEASE and probably won't be.
yea that would make sense.  but don't lose heart - i believe HPS is
going to attempt to submit patches shortly so that this will work on
11.1-RELEASE.  the devs are also sync'ing the bits so that it'll have
parity with the code in linux-4.11.  its taking a bit longer to get that
merge completedue to linux changing API interfaces randomly b/w minor
releases from what i've gathered, so the code currently available has
parity with the 4.9 kernel.

-pete

--
Pete Wright