[talk] Pi or other device for remote mgmt?

Sujit K M kmsujit at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 06:43:29 EST 2018

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 8:19 AM, Charles Sprickman <spork at bway.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> With all the ARM fans here, maybe someone has some ideas for this.
>
> As some of you know, I do freelance work for an ISP and they are in NYC and I am not.  I’ve got a box in their office that I use to setup new gear and such, either by serial or > ethernet and then at some point an ssh tunnel to my box for web-based configs and the like.  For some on-site work they’ll just dump a windows laptop with TeamViewer >(henceforth, “TV”) and that’s my entry point to a network.  Both work well, the TV is sometimes a bit clunky because it can be laggy and it’s windows (blessing for things that >need windows tools, curse otherwise).  It also craps out if I break the network, as I can then no longer reach the TV laptop.  Of note, TV is handy in that it “reaches out” to a >proxy rather than relying on me punching holes in to reach it.

I would suggest you have for example to prod boxes access with
security like SSH, Then you can use term to login to the systems.
Though It might not be permitted directly. You can always use an what
is called an Jump Box to log to your PROD Environment.
I would Suggest if Graphics(UNIX might be but Linux for Sure) use VNC
similar to TV. Also Once I had worked at work to create
a Graphical Interface for Solaris Using Cygwin on Windows. You can
infact have an entire screen look like as though it is an
Solaris Local Box.