[talk] Intel vulnerability discussion

Shawn Webb shawn.webb at hardenedbsd.org
Wed Jan 17 21:22:49 EST 2018

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 09:24:00PM +0000, George Rosamond wrote:
> There was a conference call yesterday regarding the Intel chip security
> issues. Ike of NYC*BUG and Ed Maste of FreeBSD among others.
>
> Here's the audio if anyone's interested:
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fkNfl1RTGiEFZ8PzjW_GTu3F1VK6WFp_/view
>
> https://www.gotostage.com/channel/92a6c9fc676543d68250ef5376dcfd90/recording/f80d33a2702145cab2178bbb1e8ea98e/watch?login=corporate&tos=true
>
> For most people on the list, the value is purely about Ike shooting from
> the hip at the state of things. If his comments horrify or even shock
> you, unsubs to talk@ are encouraged!

And right on the heels of that discussion is yet another branded and
embargoed vulnerability: https://skyfallattack.com/

Who do I have to pay to receive advanced notifications? Embargoes seem
to be just another form of extortion at this point.

--
Shawn Webb
Cofounder and Security Engineer

Tor-ified Signal:    +1 443-546-8752
GPG Key ID:          0x6A84658F52456EEE
GPG Key Fingerprint: 2ABA B6BD EF6A F486 BE89  3D9E 6A84 658F 5245 6EEE