[talk] Bye bye twc/ spectrum?

Scott Robbins scottro11 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 10:31:42 EDT 2018

On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 10:23:29AM -0400, Edward Capriolo wrote:
> Meanwhile Verizon is "too big to fail"
>
> https://gizmodo.com/after-billions-in-subsidies-the-final-verizon-fios-map-1682854728
>
> https://www.pcworld.com/article/2147360/fcc-adds-9-billion-to-broadband-subsidy-fund.html

In my current building, all we have is TWC (now Spectrum) and it's actually
given better speed and more reliability. My worry is, if they're kicked
out, assuming we won't get municipal fiber, is what will replace them? Will
it be worse?

I wish that they would just kill the monopolies as punishement. That's
about the only thing that will really help consumers.

Do something like, you blew it, now you are no longer have any monopolies
you were given.

Ah well, wishful thinking.

--
Scott Robbins