[talk] GEOM

Sujit K M kmsujit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 10:20:35 EDT 2018

Hi All,

I tried installing 11.1 FreeBSD on my hardware. Which I must say is an
proprietary one(HP). I see that during install options to select the filesystem
it doesn't allow me to select size or mount points as said I could not install
FreeBSD on my system.

I tried Ubuntu then 18.04, It has issues with GRUB2 EFI, and doesn't install
the OS. Corrupts boot loader.

Any one interested in knowing what I did to install the boot loader. Which
Already had Windows 8.1, I had the Disc and Choose Repair on Command
line and issued the command listed below.

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

In sequence. Could someone help me with details regarding GEOM which should
be the reason I am not able to install FreeBSD 11.1.

Regards,
Sujit K M