[talk] dmesgd plugged

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Oct 6 17:44:28 EDT 2018

On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 2:26 PM George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com>
wrote:

> Warner Losh:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Just thought I'd mentioned that I plugged the dmesgd submission site on
> > FreeBSD's mailing list, so you might see an up-tick in submissions from
>

> Yes... to echo brian... more is better.

Glad to hear it.

BTW, there's a small niggle... FreeBSD just went to a reproducible build by
default, so there's strings like

FreeBSD 12.0-ALPHA6  r338698+59ff9aa72cd4(master) amd64

now that  lack the #xxx in them. This is for someone that's using git-svn
to build the release (which is why it has both the r# and the git hash). So
their submission was rejected.

mine that was built with different options looked like:

FreeBSD 12.0-ALPHA2 #40+8d55b8a51f5(freze-newer)-dirty: Wed Aug 22 15:34:50
MDT 2018

the person that contacted me was clueful enough to puzzle it  out, but I
thought I'd pass it along.

Also, I was going to bang together a quick python script that automatically
submits the dmesg.boot file since the web page is kinda klunky if you are
doing a bunch of servers... Any objections? Anybody beaten me to the punch?

Warner