[talk] Hardware fundraiser

Brian Callahan bcallah at devio.us
Sat Sep 8 12:03:17 EDT 2018

On 09/08/18 09:44, Mark Saad wrote:
> All
>   We donated a bunch of networking gear to the FreeBSD project this
> summer.  Scroll all the way down.
> https://www.freebsd.org/donations/donors.html
>
> We also sent OpenBSD similar cards and a hand full of optics .
>
> Point is I wanted to see if we should have a hardware fundraiser of
> sorts .
>
> We could ping the projects for wants and needs and see if anyone on
> the list can provide access to the hardware or donate it .
>
> So what do you all think ?

I think this is a great idea. Can I plug a need of my own here for a
quick second? If anyone has a working, OpenBSD-supported hppa machine
they're looking to get rid of, let me know. I'll take any one as long as
it works and is supported by OpenBSD. I've had a number of port
upstreams suddenly interested in improving PA-RISC support.

~Brian