[talk] Installfest before year's end

Sujit K M sjt.kar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 05:06:44 EDT 2019

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 6:10 AM Robert Menes <viewtiful.icchan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Let's try for another installfest before the year ends. I've got a lot of old hardware that I'd love to try and install BSDs on.
>
> It would be a fun way to bring people in and also a nice way to have fun and see what does what.
>
> --Robert

I might not be update regarding the BSD projects right now. But I will
have to pitch in as I find it very interesting.

Since we don't need to restrict our set of participants, it is better
build/install some thing like Amazon EC2. I was a great
fan of CVSUP or how golang downloads and builds projects. Since we
have time we should try and create projects which
help us do this and that can be used during install fest time.

Found something interesting though.

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=261953

--
-- Sujit K M