[talk] other hardware suggestions

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Dec 7 15:05:19 EST 2019

On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 12:22 PM Pat McEvoy <mcevoy.pat at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2019, at 12:46, George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com>
> wrote:
>

> https://store.pine64.org/?product=rockpro64-metal-desktopnas-casing
>
> This desktop Nas configuration looks like  promising setup for our needs.
> I know it is a little bleeding edge at the moment, but it offers a number
> of options.

I have this case with the pinepro64. I'm using it with m.2 nvme stick, but
not the SSD/HDD that it was "built" for (since I could get away with a much
smaller case w/o HDD/SSD. I haven't yet decided if I need a fan in the case
or not apart from the fan I got for the 3399 CPU.

So far I like it, but I also made sure I got the extra beefy power supply.
It's still early days, but this has been so far a better experience, once I
got the right patches, than other of my small board uses which were great
for embedded control, light web stuff, but terrible for development,
routing or NAS duty.

Warner