[talk] try() in golang

Sujit K M kmsujit at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 09:59:18 EDT 2019

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 2:21 AM George Rosamond
<george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:

> This was on slashdot, and it reminds me of someone's three-finger salute...
>
> https://github.com/golang/go/issues/32437

I clearly don't understand much on what was being discussed rather
than a poor copy of
Java like implementation for GoLang. But what I would like to say is
that this is similar to
what Lambda Functions are intended for And GoLang will be better off
supporting Lambda
Functions rather that just copy an Java Construct. Below one of the
results I got while
searching for Lambda Functions in GoLang.

http://livingcode.org/entries/2009-11-13_go-language-and-functional-programming/

Cited from https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11766320/does-go-have-lambda-expressions-or-anything-similar\
Don't know the correctness of what ever is being highlighted here.