[talk] adb android debugging on *BSD

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Mon Aug 10 12:47:24 EDT 2020

Just a quick note, since I assume others have wondered about this...

adb, the debugging interface for Android devices does work, in my case
with OpenBSD.

There are three important components:

* enable developer mode on the Android device, which means going into
Settings, About, then clicking seven times on Build Number.

* once Developer options is enabled as Settings menu option, USB
debugging needs to be enabled

* USB configuration should be on MTP

The other thing to note is using the provided USB cable is important.
Just any old USB cable will likely not work.

This is dated, but points to some possible directions for your happy
hacking:

https://gist.github.com/olivier-m/6200184

Less code/services on a device is always a good security practice :)