[talk] 2020 year end

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Wed Dec 30 10:54:06 EST 2020

(also being posted to announce@, but if you're on talk@ you should
confirm you're also on announce@)

We have every intention to get back into the groove for 2021 and we hope
that NYC*BUG can continue to be a place to collaborate, socialize and
network.

I'm sure I speak for many people on this list when I say that 2020 has
been a trying year on multiple levels. We are starting 2021 off with a
presentation from a character popular throughout the BSD community with
the January 6th meeting, Michael W Lucas
(https://www.nycbug.org/index?action=view&id=10679). MWL is sure to
educate and entertain, so definitely get the word out.

The year end is a great time to throw a few dollars, if you have them,
to one or more of the BSD projects of your choice. Note that it's not
just the size of the donation that matters, but also the number of
donors as per standard non-profit rules, so every contribution matters.

DragonFlyBSD
https://www.dragonflybsd.org/donations/

FreeBSD Foundation
https://freebsdfoundation.org/donate/