[talk] Free computers

ibsens at ripsbusker.no.eu.org ibsens at ripsbusker.no.eu.org
Thu Jul 2 19:01:28 EDT 2020

I list below some things I don't want anymore. It happens there are some
related things I want to receive, so I have listed those too.

Here are some of the things I could give away today.

* Laser printer
* Networking-enabled scanner that unfortunately requires Windows
  for setup
* PCIe Radeon video cards
* SAS LTO-3 drive and tapes
* Fibre channel LTO-5 drive and tapes
* PCIe fibre channel card
* 12U 2-post rack
* supposedly-managed gigabit ethernet switches
* rackmount 8 port KVM switch with USB and HDMI
* rack panels, screws, &c.
* cables
* Two Dell T5600

It all should work with *BSD operating systems. In practice I have had
trouble with the laser printer, the tape drives, and of course the
scanner.

And here things I want. Once I have these, I can give away more stuff.

* 3TB hard drives, either SAS or SATA
* VGA monitor with a VESA mount and 4:3 aspect ratio