[talk] LACP debug question

Mark Saad nonesuch at longcount.org
Tue Jul 14 16:02:35 EDT 2020

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 7:51 PM Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org> wrote:

> On 7/11/20 9:32 AM, Mark Saad wrote:
>
> All
>   This is a repost from net . I am looking for someone who can help me better understand this LACP disconnect that I am seeing on 12-stable . The server is a router with Solarflare nics attached to a Pair of arista 7050’s .
>
> Can you help me understand what I am looking at here. I enabled the lacp debug until I finally saw the issue I noted before. Due to some log rotation part of the message is clipped.
> Here is a part the full thing is on patebin https://pastebin.com/BGtbxcBf
>

> ouch this looks like a PITA to debug.  were you able to make any progress?  in the past when i ran into LACP issues on arista (both using linux and bsd) i had to fight issues with bad optics or cables.  i'm guessing the logs from the switch aren't too helpful either?

Switch logs are saying that the server disconnected. At this point I
know Its not the cables, I use 10G DAC's and I have a variety in use
Arisa, Fiberstore, and Mellanox .  To be clear I am seeing this across
a bunch of routers. The only commonality here is that it breaking on
routers on Arista EOS  4.20.12M or later. It does not happen on
4.18.5M or earlier.  Arista has said there was no changes in how LACP
works between versions but I can't put my finger on it.  Maybe the
timing has changed ?

> i've used the sfxge cards before and found them to be pretty darn stable...

I have found them to be fairly consistent . The only thing that sounds
like it could be related was this thread

https://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-net@freebsd.org/msg62552.html

> is this happening in any of the LACP modes, or just one of them?

I only use Active / Active

mark saad | nonesuch at longcount.org