[talk] IRC on iOS

N.J. Thomas njt at ayvali.org
Thu Aug 5 14:58:06 EDT 2021

* Mark Saad <nonesuch at longcount.org> [2021-08-05 08:02:19-0400]:
> Does anyone have any recommendations for an  irc client on iOS ?

hi Mark,

There used to be a great free iOS IRC client called Mutter. It Just
Worked(tm), and I used it for years.

Unfortunately it's not available anymore, I believe the author removed
it from the App Store because they didn't want to maintain it.

Now I use Palaver (cost: $1.99), it's created by a ZNC developer, and it
mostly works. It's definitely substandard to Mutter, especially when it
comes to fonts and such.

I've only used it a few times, I really wish I could change the display
fonts, but apart from that, no other major complaints.

Thomas