[talk] NYC*BUG colocation migration

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Dec 2 13:10:43 EST 2021

As many people know, NYC*BUG hosts all its services in a New York
Internet cabinet at 100 William.

We are not a cloud-based entity using "other people's computers." Bare
metals are us.

On Saturday morning 202112041400 UTC, that cabinet will migrate to the
NYI facility at 60 Hudson. Yes, that 60 Hudson.

That means that a bunch of things won't be up during transit, including:

* nycbug.org web site
* nycbsdcon.org web site
* dmesgd.nycbug.org web site
* a bunch of mailing lists, including some for other *BSD user groups
* the perl smoketest box
* some Tor-related hardware
* ftp4.usa.openbsd.org
* bsd.lv
* the NYC*BUG mirror box at https://mirrors.nycbug.org/pub/

Never fear... we'll be back up soon enough.

Feel free to forward this message on to others who should be aware.

Thanks