[talk] Testing Jit.Si

Shawn Webb shawn.webb at hardenedbsd.org
Tue Jun 1 11:21:25 EDT 2021

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 09:36:54PM -0400, Raul Cuza wrote:
> We are interested in trying Jit.Si for the June meeting but need to do a
> test to see if it works for us.
>
> I’ve tested it on macOS and it’s fine on that OS. Are there any volunteers
> to test it on other OS’s? You can test it on your own (create a meeting and
> talk and share on it with someone). Or I can create one and do some tests
> with you.
>
> If it works for enough of us, maybe we can use it instead of zoom this week.

One downside to Jit.Si is the lack of a phone call-in. Firefox's
ability to switch microphone inputs on-the-fly on HardenedBSD (I'd
suspect other BSDs are affected) leaves much to be desired. As far as
I can tell, Firefox opens /dev/dsp at application start, so if the
user were to plug in a microphone after Firefox has already started,
then Firefox won't pick up the change in device.

Thanks,

--
Shawn Webb
Cofounder / Security Engineer