[Announce-nycbug] Python SIG; NYPHP Meeting this Tuesday

Hans Zaunere hans at nyphp.com
Sun Jul 25 20:13:08 EDT 2004

Python SIG at New York PHP

While not a full user group, it's a start, and can serve as a common
discussion place for Python developers.

Those who are interested are encouraged to join and discuss technical
and community topics.

Also, anyone is welcome to contact me to get involved in organizing the
SIG and events.  New York PHP will help however we can to support Python
programmers.

NYPHP July Meeting
------------------

        When: July 27th, 2004 at 6:30pm *sharp*
       Where: (new location) IBM, 590 Madison Avenue, Room 306 (3rd
Floor)
Post-Meeting: Outback Steakhouse, 919 3rd Avenue at 56th Street

IMPORTANT: All attendees MUST RSVP by 3:00pm on July 26th. IBM Security
will not let you in the building if your name isn't listed.  RSVP online
at http://nyphp.org/rsvp.php

     Details: http://nyphp.org

This July, join New York PHP's own David Mintz at our new IBM location
for an exciting follow-up to May's HTML_QuickForm by David Sklar. David
M. will expand on May's meeting and take us through using HTML_QuickForm
with the Smarty template engine.

Using HTML_QuickForm with Smarty

HTML_QuickForm is a PEAR package providing powerful and elegant
functionality for building and validating HTML forms. Its default form
renderer, however, is only adequate for the simplest of applications and
customizing its output, though possible, is awkward and tends to
undermine the goal of separating logic from presentation. Smarty is a
popular template engine noted for its flexibility and efficiency, and
HTML_QuickForm supports integration with this and other template
engines.

In this presentation we quickly review the use of both tools, and then
examine some techniques for getting them to play nicely together.

David Mintz is a self-proclaimed wannabe geek who works as a
Spanish-English staff interpreter for the federal court in downtown
Manhattan.

Join David and the New York PHP crew and see how the powerful
HTML_QuickForm and elegant Smarty engine can be combined for engineering
the perfect frontend.

IBM, our latest sponsor, has provided a great room with seating for
plenty.

Come prepared with a business card to enter drawings for book and other
prizes.

        When: July 27th, 2004 at 6:30pm sharp
       Where: (new location) IBM, 590 Madison Avenue, Room 306 (3rd
Floor)
Post-Meeting: Outback Steakhouse, 919 3rd Avenue at 56th Street

Join us after the meeting for good food and discussion!

As always this meeting is free and open to the public.

Be sure to RSVP online at http://nyphp.org/rsvp.php

IMPORTANT:
All attendees MUST RSVP by 3:00pm on July 26th. IBM Security will not
let you in the building if your name isn't listed.  RSVP online at
http://nyphp.org/rsvp.php

---
Hans Zaunere
President