[Announce-nycbug] NYC*BUG: Details on Kirk McKusick

announce-nycbug at lists.nycbug.org announce-nycbug at lists.nycbug.org
Fri Oct 15 08:40:32 EDT 2004

For those who haven't seen the news yet, the details for the Kirk
McKusick meeting on Saturday, October 16th have been set.

The meeting will be at 2 pm at Columbia University, in the Mathematics
Building in Room 312.

You can reach Columbia University by taking the 1/9 train to
116th/Broadway.  A map of the campus is available on www.nycbug.org.

Eric Allman of Sendmail will be opening the meeting with a presentation
on the sender id issue.

After that, Kirk will be speaking on the history of BSD UNIX, touching
on many of the current technical issues of the day.

This is a must-see meeting that we are all looking forward to.  There
will be a raffle for books and Computer Book Works gift certificates,
and some additional books for sale.

A number of people are coming from far away to see this meeting,
including as far away as Ottawa, Canada.

We look forward to seeing you at the meeting.

George