[Announce-NYCBUG] BSDCan 2005 - Three weeks to go!

announce-nycbug at lists.nycbug.org announce-nycbug at lists.nycbug.org
Wed Apr 27 07:42:31 EDT 2005

----- Forwarded message from Dan Langille -----

Hello folks,

In this announcement:

   - Three weeks to go!
   - SITE venue is great!
   - Secret new feature
   - Speaker changes

Three weeks to go!
==============

Three weeks from today, the first conference attendees will start
arriving for BSDCan 2005!  The FreeBSD Developer Summit starts on
Wednesday May 11 and most of the people attending the summit will be
staying on for the rest of the conference.  I know I'm looking
forward to catching up with some people I haven't seen since last
year.

SITE venue is great!
===============

I was at the SITE venue today, talking over the wireless network
support with the University of Ottawa staff.  We discussed the
conference, and the locations we wanted to have wireless access.
We'll also have a few hubs so you can plug in should you not have a
wireless card.  Remember to bring your extensions cords!

I took some pictures of the building.  If I have time, I'll put them
up on the website.

<http://www.site.uottawa.ca/index.shtml>

By the way, there is a Tim's in the building, but it will be closed
on Saturday.  <http://www.timhortons.com/>

Secret New Feature
==============

Watch the news websites for an upcoming announcement about this
secret new feature.  It will happen on Thursday.  When you read about
it, make sure to spread the news around to everyone you know.
Thanks!

   <http://www.bsdcan.org/2005/activity.php?id=54>

Speaker changes

The Montreal Wireless Group talk will be given by Mina Naguib.

    <http://www.bsdcan.org/2005/activity.php?id=67>

See you at BSDCan!

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/