[announce] Wednesday June 7 NYC*BUG & NYPHPCon Discount

Announcements only list for NYCBUG (announcements are not cross-posted to other lists). announce at lists.nycbug.org
Mon Jun 5 12:13:41 EDT 2006

Open Meeting

Suspenders Bar
6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
111 Broadway & Thames
directions are here

Once again, we are looking to alternate our technical presentation
meetings with more open forum that we hope can reflect the vitality of
our `talk` list.

This time, we have some speakers who will be giving short, ten minute
presentations:

Ray Lai, who just returned from the OpenBSD Hackathon, will be providing
a summary of the event, including giving some insight into the code that
was created at this annual happening.

Brad Schonhorst will `pass-the-hat` and let everyone know about the
current BSD Certification User Group Competition for raising funds. A
good number of NYCBUG members are active with the BSD Cerification
process, and we are looking forward to a strong, community-based
certification that could add to the popularity of the BSDs.

Mikel King, who recently added much needed juice into Daemon News-land,
will speak about how we can make DN and BSDNews the CNN of the BSDs, and
what you can do to help.

Plus, we`ll begin a discussion on NYCBSDCon, which this year`s will
happen the second weekend in October. We are looking to have active
involvement from people in NYCBUG and beyond.

*	*	*	*	*	*

NYPHPCon Discount

NYCBUG members get a 25% discount to NYPHPCon.  Simple use the Discount
Code:

nycbug.org

When registering online at https://www.nyphpcon.com/register.php.
Enter the code in the Discount Code field and click Check before
proceeding.

NYPHPCon 2006 in one Week
June 14 - 16th, 2006 at the New Yorker Hotel, Manhattan

We are pleased to announce the speaker, tutorial and keynote program
for NYPHPCon 2006.  It's a pleasure to have many of the industry's
finest business and technical minds participate in NYPHPCon 2006.

Register online:  https://www.nyphpcon.com/register.php

We are also pleased to host the Oracle PHPFest, and a special PHP
Training package at the event.  For details visit
http://www.nyphpcon.com/conference_glance.php

The New York PHP Conference & Expo 2006 is taking place in New York
City, at the historic New Yorker Hotel, June 14-16, 2006.  There will
be three full days of sessions, tutorials, exhibits, and networking
events, plus two days of NYPHP's recognized training.

NYPHPCon 2006 focuses on the The PHP Business Community, with two
featured parallel tracks plus tutorials and training: Business
Strategy and Technical Solutions. Hundreds will be attending,
including business and technical professionals from around the world.

To learn more, see http://www.nyphpcon.com or contact New York PHP
at http://www.nyphp.com/contact.php