[announce] BSD Certification on the way

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Mon Jan 28 15:34:11 EST 2008

The following is an email from Dru Lavigne about the status of the BSD
Certification project.

As noted recently on the NYCBUG talk list, the date for NYCBSDCon 2008
is October 11 and 12 at Columbia University.  Keep an eye out for the
call for papers.

Also, a quick reminder that the next NYCBUG meeting is an "open meeting
" February 6th on OpenSSH.  Please let us know if you're interested in
contributing your funky usages or hacks for OpenSSH.

*	*	*

I'm pleased to announce that the BSDA exam has finished its beta process
and the psychometrician is setting the final format. This means the exam
is almost "live".

For 2008, the exam will be offered at technical conferences across the
globe, in English only, and paper-based. This will provide the time needed
to finish developing and testing the software based exam delivery system
as well as plan for translated versions of the exam.

SCALE in Los Angeles, FOSDEM in Brussels, and Linux-Tage in Chemnitz have
already confirmed that the BSDA will be made available. We are working with
the organizers for LinuxTag in Berlin, BSDCan in Ottawa, and NYCBSDCon in
NYC to offer the exam at those conferences. If you're aware of any other
conferences in your geographic area where you'd like to take the exam,
mention it on the list and we'll try to contact the organizers and
arrange for a proctor.