[announce] NYC*BUG meeting, BSDCert Survey

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Mon Nov 23 12:20:42 EST 2009

Two quick notes: upcoming meeting and BSD Certification Survey. . .

Please submit your slides by Monday, November 30th for the Wednesday
meeting.  PDF, decent sized font.  Send to admin@ this domain.

Here's the full meeting announce:

December 02, 2009, Wednesday

Holiday Meeting: Your Tips as Presents

6:45 pm, Suspenders Restaurant

December`s meeting will be an opportunity for an array of people to
illustrate their Unix hacks.

In August, Dru Lavigne started a thread on NYCBUG`s talk about "fave BSD
tips/tricks?" that brought out some good discussion. We see this meeting
as a follow-up, and an opportunity to give your hacks "back to the
community" as a holiday gift.

Please submit your one page PDF to admin@, with one, two, or even three
simple tips. It might be simple and seemingly stupid, but it could save
a few minutes a day for another developer or sysadmin in the meeting.

It could be a creatively piped set of commands, or a simple script that
you run through periodic to prevent headaches. The field is wide open.

We will schedule a handful of ten minute or so speakers, and let the
crowd take it from there.

*	*	*

Be sure to participate in the BSD Certification Job Task Analysis Survey
by the end of the month.

http://surveys.bsdcertification.org/phpESP/public/survey.php?name=BSDP01_en

It's a vital contribution everyone can make towards not just setting the
standard for the next BSD Cert exam, but also since it provides a
useful, open-sourced pool of data about *BSD admins and developers.