[announce] NYC*BUG Upcoming

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Sun Apr 4 20:18:47 EDT 2010

We have a bunch of announcements, including:

*  upcoming meetings

*  BSD Certification Group Jobs Task Analysis released

*  BSDCan Registration is Open

*  NYCBSDCon 2010 Update

*  BSDFund partners with NYCBUG

*  Internships

*	*	*	*	*

*  upcoming meetings

This Wednesday

April 07, 2010
Nepenthes

6:45 PM, Suspenders Restaurant
http://www.suspendersbar.com/location.php

Detecting and defending your network from script kiddies using Nepenthes

We will discuss what is nepenthes, why was it created, how does it work
and how to install it. As well as where to install Nepenthes on your
network to get the best results. We will have sample analysis of
Malicious Binary and show how to figure out what the code is really doing.

Marco Figueroa is a Senior Security Analyst for fortune 500 companies.
Marco`s expertise includes reverse engineering malware, incident
handling, hacker attacks and defenses. He has performed numerous
security assessments, and responded to computer attacks for clients in
different market verticals. Marco holds the following certifications:
GCIH, GREM, Security+, Network+, A+. You can contact him at
Marco.figueroa at mafcorp.net

May 5th meeting will be Kevin Figueroa on Scapy

June 2nd meeting will be Nikolai Festissov on The Art of Debugging

*  BSD Certification Group Jobs Task Analysis released

Huge thanks to all who took part in the survey.

The summary report is at http://www.bsdcertification.org/news/pr057.html

*  BSDCan Registration is Open

Register today for the Ottawa, Canada conference being held May 11-14,
including tutorials.

http://www.bsdcan.org/2010/registration.php

*  NYCBSDCon 2010 Update

We are proud to announce that our biannual conference will be held at
Cooper Union in Manhattan November 12-14th in 2010.

Stay tuned as we release more details.

*  BSDFund partners with NYCBUG

We are in the process of setting up a bank account under the umbrella of
BSD Fund.  This will allow NYCBUG to manage our finances more
effectively and transparently, as BSD Fund is a registered 501(c)(3).

*  Internships

As mentioned before, we are in the process of setting up internships for
a number of interested students and firms, including some electrical
engineering students at Cooper Union.

Please use the jobs@ list on http://lists.nycbug.org to for posting and
any possible summer internships.

We also will have a central point of contact for interns announced in
the very near future.