[announce] NYCBSDCon 2010 Call for Presentations

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Thu Jul 1 16:40:56 EDT 2010

The New York City BSD Conference (NYCBSDCon) is the main technical
conference on the US East Coast for the BSD community to get together to
share and gain knowledge, to network with like-minded people, and to
have fun.  This event is organized by members of the New York City *BSD
Users Group (NYC*BUG).

The NYCBSDCon program committee is accepting submissions for
imaginative, embryonic and energizing presentations surrounding the BSD
operating systems.  We are looking to attract a wide range of speakers
and attendees; therefore, topics of interest range from the esoteric to
development to practical, everyday sysadmin life.  Of course, original
topics are preferred in most cases.

Each talk is expected to be 45-50 minutes, including a few minutes for
questions and answers. All presentations will be recorded for audio
and video. Presenters will have audio/visual and network connectivity.

Abstracts for presentations are due July 31, 2010.

Authors of accepted submissions should be able to provide the full
presentation for publication on NYCBSDCon sponsored mediums.  Further
instructions will follow notification of acceptance.  Submissions
accompanied by a non-disclosure agreement or a product advertisement
will be rejected.

Abstract submissions should be emailed to cfp at nycbsdcon.org in text, ps
or pdf format.

Conference Location: Cooper Union, New York, NY
Conference Dates: November 12-14, 2010

Important Milestones:
Jul 01		CFP Released
Jul 31		CFP Deadline
Aug 15		Notification of Accepted and Rejected Presentations

Do not let travel and accommodation concerns get in the way of your
submissions; we may have some opportunities to subsidize speakers, but
it is too early to provide any definitive answers.

We encourage you to join the public mailing list at
http://lists.nycbug.org/mailman/listinfo/nycbsdcon to keep abreast of
conference happenings.

For questions, concerns or comments, please contact us here:
info at nycbsdcon.org.