[announce] NYCBUG Upcoming

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Sun Jul 25 16:30:40 EDT 2010

A whole number of things to note with NYCBUG.

1.  Upcoming meetings: OpenSSL, Building Email Infrastructure

2.  Call for Presentations for NYCBSDCon 2010 closes on August 1

3.  the BSD Certification Group's BSD Professional Exam Objectives is
nearing it final draft. . .

*	*	*

1.  August 4th: Ivan Ivanov on Examples in Cryptography with OpenSSL
     September 1st: Bruno Scap on Building Email Infrastructure

2.  CFP for NYCBSDCon 2010 closes August 1st
	http://www.nycbsdcon.org/2010/cfp.html

3.  BSDP Exam Objectives Nearing Final Draft

Jim Brown writes:

The BSD Professional Exam Objectives are nearing final draft.
The objectives are maintained on a wiki at
http://bsdwiki.reedmedia.net/wiki/BSDP.html

If you want to contribute by writing or editing some of the
objectives, please take the time to do so soon.  We are
targeting the end of July to get the objectives finished
so that we can begin developing the exam content.

As you read the objectives, you will notice some text markers (XXX,@@@,
etc.) and some initials and comments.  These are "inline notes" to help
keep track of comments, changes, and ideas.  They will be removed
before the final publication of the exam objectives.

Even if you don't want to contribute, please take a look at the
objectives and let us know your thoughts here on the mailing
list.  This will be an important milestone in the exam development
and we're aiming at producing a high quality exam. Your voice
is important!  Let us know what you think.

</quote>

NYCBUG continues to strongly support the BSD Certification Group through
a number of ways.  We encourage announce readers to take a look at the
BSDP objectives and provide input.