[announce] BSD Certification Group: content reviewers needed for next exam

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Mon Jun 28 10:10:21 EDT 2010

The more advanced BSDP certification exam is being developed.  Becoming
a reviewer is a great way to contribute.

*	*	*	*

The BSD Certification Group needs your help in reviewing the exam
objectives for the upcoming BSDP (BSD Professional) exam. Even if you
don't have the time to do this yourself, help us spread the word so we
can get as many eyeballs as possible reviewing the objectives in
preparation for their publication by the end of July.

The first study domain for the objectives (Installation and Setup) is
available for review at
http://bsdwiki.reedmedia.net/wiki/installation_and_setup.html. If you
can help, please read the Guidelines
(http://bsdwiki.reedmedia.net/wiki/bsdp_goals.html) first so you know
what is useful in a review. If you're wondering where the exam
objectives came from, see the BSDP JTA Survey Report pdf
(http://www.bsdcertification.org/downloads/BSDP_JTA_Report.pdf).

There are many ways to comment on the objectives. The most direct way is
to create an account on the wiki and follow the Guidelines when adding
content (please do not remove existing content). You'll need an account
creation password first. Either contact me directly or pop into #bsdcert
on IRC freenode to receive this password.

Alternately, you can start a discussion on the BSD Certification
Facebook group
(http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=55432547309), on the
BSDCert mailing list, or send me an email with your comments.

Finally, if you'd like to help actually write the objectives (not just
review what is already there), we definitely could use your help! Pop
into #bsdcert on IRC freenode and we'll get you up to speed on what
needs to be written.