[announce] Upcoming NYC*BUG meetings and more

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Thu Sep 30 17:26:56 EDT 2010

A number of stuff going on next week, besides early registration
continuing for NYCBSDCon 2010.

We are conducting an ACM/IEEE campus meeting at Cooper Union on Tuesday,
October 5th at 1 PM.  It's a great way to present NYCBUG and NYCBSDCon
to students.

If you're interested in helping out, hit the admin@ list.  But we need
to RSVP all names of people who will be attending 24 hours prior.

*	*	*

Our Wednesday meeting will also be with Cooper Union students, except
this time they'll be speaking *to* NYCBUG.

Many of them are involved in fascinating projects as students.  The
titles are a bit deceiving

October 06, 2010
Cooper Students Present

6:45 PM, Suspenders Restaurant
111 Broadway in Manhattan

This month`s meetings will feature several Cooper Union engineering
students presenting their projects.
* "A Study of Bayesian Authorship Classification" with Kevin Tien and
Nicole Lesperance. From a Natural Language Processing class project.

* "Real Time Hand Gesture Recognition" with George Todorov and Eugene
Belilovsky

* "Characterization of Light Output Instabilities In Quantum Cascade
Lasers Under Pulsed Operation" with Jonathan Ligo

These presentations will be great opportunities to hear from the next
generation of young and bright engineers.