[announce] proposed announce for mirrors

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Fri Apr 20 09:29:03 EDT 2012

So, we are just waiting on MD sorting out uploading his images with
Mark, plus someone hitting the Tor project so they list our Tor mirror.

Comments appreciated, inline.

*	*	*

The New York City *BSD User Group (NYC*BUG) is proud to announce the
launching of multiple mirrors serving the BSD and open source community.

The mirrors, hosted in a cabinet donated by New York Internet, include
the following official mirrors:

* DragonFlyBSD

* OpenBSD

* m0n0wall, a FreeBSD-based firewall distribution customized for
embedded devices

* The Tor Project, an open source public anonymity network

* BHyVe images, a FreeBSD-based type 2 Hypervisor virtualization created
by NetApp developers, with the images maintained by Michael Dexter of
Call for Testing (callfortesting.org)

The mirrors are located at http://mirrors.nycbug.org, and are accessible
over http, ftp and rsync protocols.

NYC*BUG looks forward to expanding the mirrors to include other projects
relevant to the BSD community in the future.  For inquiries, please
contact mirror-admin at nycbug.org.

The NYC*BUG cabinet hosts a variety of other BSD projects, including a
server for the BSD Certification Group, BSD.lv, a build server for
FreeBSD's Sparc64 ports in addition to an array of mailing lists.

The cabinet is composed of hardware donated by an array of NYC*BUG members.

NYC*BUG (http://www.nycbug.org) was launched in 2003 to serve and expand
the BSD community in the New York metropolitan area.  NYC*BUG hosts
monthly meetings, in addition to bi-annual conferences in Manhattan.