[announce] NYC*BUG Upcoming Events

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Tue Dec 4 10:46:02 EST 2012

*  December 5: the NYC*BUG unHoliday Party

*  December 11: Joint Holiday Party with NYLUG, LispNYC, PuppetNYC and
LOPSA-NY

*  January 9: John Baldwin on SMPng

* * *

December 5 @ 18:45 - Location: Suspenders

unHoliday Meeting: Be a Grinch about Your Tech Gripe, Various

For the past several years, our holiday party has been filled with the
notion of giving back to the community: your tips, your hacks, your
thoughts.

So many people have proved selfless and assisted others that we feel
it's time for a change. Let's be honest, we need a time to vent, and
there's no reason the holiday season should be immune.

What are your gripes in technology? What do you hate dealing with at
your job? Is it some high- (or low-) level scripting language? Some
clunky and un-Unix-like application? Dealing with an under-documented
and buggy non-BSD operating system?

Well, here's your chance to let others know how you feel. Prepare a ten
minute or so presentation, with maybe a slide or two, and make your
case. Be coherent and to-the-point, and maybe others will jump aboard
with your argument.

Ping admin@ with your idea, and we look forward to having a meeting
which let's us vent out very unholiday season gripes.

* * *

December 11 @ 19:00 - Location: other

Another Holiday Party,

NYC*BUG has joined with LispNYC, NY Haskell, the New York Linux User
Group (NYLUG), PuppetNYC and LOPSA-NY, plus a number of other groups, to
hold a holiday party on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 from 7:00 PM until
it's over.

It will be at the House of Brews (http://www.houseofbrewsny.com/) at 302
W 51st street in the upstairs room.

*NOTE* Our unHoliday Meeting is still taking place on December 5th.
This is an additional event with the wider technical community in NYC.

Some beer and hors d'oeuvres will be provided, as a number of firms have
stepped up to sponsor the event.

Various registrations via Meetup are posted:

http://www.meetup.com/LispNYC/events/67586702/
http://www.meetup.com/nylug-meetings/events/91284032/
http://www.meetup.com/puppetnyc-meetings/events/91818352/
http://www.meetup.com/NY-Haskell/events/92090222/

NYC*BUG doesn't have an RSVP system up for the event, so pick one of the
above sites.  RSVPs will be given priority if capacity is met, which is
possible.

If you are interested in sponsoring, or have a lead for one, please ping
us offline at admin@

* * *

Note that the January meeting will NOT be held on the first Wednesday of
the month, but rather the second, on January 9th.