[announce] NYC*BUG Tonight: The unHoliday Meeting

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Wed Dec 5 11:32:48 EST 2012

http://www.nycbug.org/?action=home&id=10329

December 5 @ 18:45 - Location: Suspenders
http://www.nycbug.org/?action=locations#suspenders

* * *

unHoliday Meeting: Be a Grinch about Your Tech Gripe, Various

For the past several years, our holiday party has been filled with the
notion of giving back to the community: your tips, your hacks, your
thoughts.

So many people have proved selfless and assisted others that we feel
it's time for a change. Let's be honest, we need a time to vent, and
there's no reason the holiday season should be immune.

What are your gripes in technology? What do you hate dealing with at
your job? Is it some high- (or low-) level scripting language? Some
clunky and un-Unix-like application? Dealing with an underdocumented and
buggy non-BSD operating system?

Well, here's your chance to let others know how you feel. Prepare a ten
minute or so presentation, with maybe a slide or two, and make your
case. Be coherent and to-the-point, and maybe others will jump aboard
with your argument.

We may have space for one more gripe session, so ping admin@ ASAP to be
included.