[announce] NYC*BUG Announcements

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Fri Feb 24 11:48:22 EST 2012

*  Upcoming NYC*BUG Meetings

*  BSDCan Schedule Will Be Up in a Few Days

*  LOPSA PICC Conference May 11-12

*  BSDDay May 5

*  Informal Get-Together Tonight

*	*	*	*

Upcoming NYC*BUG Meetings:

March 7: Marc Spitzer on Tcl
April 5: Jan Schaumann on the Useless Use of * (not including the use of
* in this email, of course)

We are always looking for more speakers.  Contact us at admin@

*	*	*	*

The BSDCan schedule will be posted in the next few days.  Stay tuned.
http://www.bsdcan.org.

*	*	*	*

The LOPSA PICC Conference is coming up May 11-12.

http://www.nycbug.org/index.php?NAV=Home;SUBM=10321

*	*	*	*

BSDDay for the EU is coming up.  It will be held in Vienna, Austria on
May 5.  For more information: http://bsdday.eu/.

*	*	*	*

Friday, February 24
6:30 PM to 10:30 PM
Suspender's Backroom

Come join us in celebrating Matt Story's first two PRs accepted by the
FreeBSD project.  Additionally, we are on the verge of officially
launching our first two mirrors for Dragonfly BSD and OpenBSD out of
NYC*BUG's colocation.  This will be a loose and social event, and a
great chance to mingle with other people from NYC*BUG.